My daughter is 8 years old she was diagnosed with ADHD. She will be attending...

My daughter is 8 years old she was diagnosed with ADHD. She will be attending a daycare center every other Saturday and Sunday only. Only 4 times a month. The daycare center is asking for her IEP. Do I have to provide it? The provider won't accept her if I don't submit the IEP. I offered the treatment plan but the director wouldn't accept it.

Monroe County Pennsylvania

Hi,
I am not familiar with the legalities of IEPs. I would recommend talking to your school district first regarding that.

You can also contact the state childcare licensing organization and check to see if that is something they are required to ask for as part of their regulations.

In addition, just having an honest conversation with the director about their request for the IEP versus the treatment plan. They may be reacting to some previous incident that has nothing to do with your child or your child's diagnosis. If your child is going to attend that particular child care center, you certainly want to start out with a positive, open relationship with the director. If you, in any way feel uncomfortable or unwelcome, then perhaps consider looking for another day care site.