Possible Hypoxylon Canker infection in Northern Red Oak

I just had a certified arborist come out and inspect my tree and he had a concern that he wanted me to investigate further. He estimates the tree is at least a 180 years old champion oak and should have everything done possible to save the tree. As he is not aware of a cure for Hypoxylon Canker he recommended I reach out to the State and University. Is there someone who could come out and look at the limb to properly verify that it is infected? If it is infected, are there any cures or remedies available to prolong the life of the tree? The tree is in relatively good health but he is concerned that it is already infected and will cause a premature death within 10 years or so. I have attached some pictures for reference.

Montgomery County Maryland disease issues hypoxylon trees oak oak with hypoxylon

This does not appear to be hypoxylon to us, since hypoxylon is dark colored. However it is a fungus and is either infecting the tree or, possibly, living on decaying wood (though we don't see any dead wood.)

Either way, you cannot "cure" the fungus. You can, however, prune it out.

We recommend that you have a couple more arborists certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) look at the tree. Certified arborists are usually associated with tree service companies, but usually there is no charge for a diagnosis. To find certified arborists near you, try the ISA website: www.treesaregood.org