How can Oregon better serve trees in construction zones?

Hi OSU, I write for Salem Weekly where we are working on a story about construction trauma and practices and how they impact trees in Salem. Your publication about Trees in Construction Zones is excellent, thank you. What do you feel cities and counties might do better to protect trees in our communities? Should every contractor have a copy of your publication? Should best practices be codified into city and county code? We are seeing numerous trees dying in Salem. As experts, what do you think might save them? Thank you!

Marion County Oregon

Greetings,
Thank you for submitting your questions. You bring up several topics that could take a bit of time to cover. Would you be willing to chat by phone? My cell phone number is 503-510-7582. I am available Thursday evening (6pm), possibly between 2-3pm on Thursday, and Friday afternoon (1-5pm).
I also recommend you chat with Kristin Ramstad. She is an urban and community forester for Oregon Department of Forestry, and she is based in Salem. She is far more knowledgeable on this subject than I am. Her phone is 503-945-7390 and email is kristin.ramstad@oregon.gov.
Let me know if email works better and I will craft some answers to start the conversation.
Thank you,
Derek