weed identification

Hello, i have lived in this house for about 27 years now. Just un the past 4 to I never5 years this weed has been introduced into my lawn. i'm not sure if it is creeping ivy or "Charlie' since i have never seen any flowers. It grows very quickly and is hard to control. It grows though out the yard sun or shade. Could you please help me with the identification of the weed. Attaching 3 photo's thanks for your help. Rob '

Virginia Beach Virginia weed issues

This is a species of Pennywort probably Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides. You can bring a sample to the Virginia Beach office if you want a 100% identification. It likes wet soils and so if you can reduce moisture (hard with all the rain we have had) and improve drainage that will help reduce it. It does have a waxy surface to the leaf so if you add a surfactant to your herbicide treatment to help it stick to the leaf that can help the chemical work more effectively.