2nd year of mutant morning glories

I e-mailed you last year regarding some mutant morning glories that had feather-like fringes around the flowers. I saved some of the seeds and this year some of them grew and mutated again. I'm wondering if anyone knows yet how or why this happens? I'm attaching pictures of some flowers and leaves. The leaves look normal to me, and all flowers on the same plant do not have this mutation; however the plant grew from last year's mutant seeds.

Ramsey County Minnesota morning glory

Many flowering plants, including morning glories and daylilies, bear flowers that last only one day. Then the blossoms wilt or shrivel and fall from the plant soon thereafter. The photos you attached show spent morning glory flowers. This is what they look like the day after they open. Here are more photo examples:

Thank you very much for your answer. I think the pictures I sent did not convey what I was trying to say. I have found some more morning glories with the feathering/fringes that I was asking about. It looks like there are extra petal parts on the flowers.

Thank you for sending more photos to clarify your question. Now we can see the ring of "extra" petals.

We don't know whether this trait is unique to the plants you have grown. Apparently some dedicated Japanese growers (and perhaps others) specialize in producing double petaled and multi petaled morning glories.

Thank you so much for your answer and also the extra link you sent. There are some really beautiful and unusual plants out there. I am going to save the seeds from these morning glories again and see what happens next year!