Tiny Chrysalis

I just discovered the tiniest chrysalis on a parsley leaf. It has all the makings of a swallowtail chrysalis at about 1/8 the size. Is this a rare phenomena? Sadly the chrysalis is empty and appears to have had a butterfly emerge from it. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. ps... The picture included is very close up and makes it look much larger than it really is, if a butterfly were to have emerged it would be no bigger than a dime.

Update: I measured over the weekend this little chrysalis is about 1/8" x 3/8" and I have included a side by side of an old empty black swallowtail chrysalis attached to our house.

Bucks County Pennsylvania

I am going to send these photos to the Entomology department at Penn State. It may take a while to get an answer, but I'll contact you when I get a reply.

Here is what Penn State Entomology said:
"That is definitely a butterfly chrysalis. It looks like a swallowtail, but I can't say based on the empty shell if it's a black swallowtail or not. I'm not familiar with any swallowtail that would be that small."