Soil testing and best type of grass seed for Scott County.

I just bought a new home in Scott County in May and they put sod down. I don't really care for the type they put down so I was going to core aerate and over seed in a week or two. I was wanting to get a soil test to see if there is anything else I need to treat my soil with before I plant seed. Also, what type of grass does best in this area? I was looking at doing a tall fescue blend at the moment. Thank you!

Scott County Kentucky scott county kentucky horticulture laying sod

Hi - Welcome to Scott Co.! Our Scott Co. Extension District Board provides free soil samples to residents of Scott Co. I will need about 1.5 to 2 cups of soil (preferably made up from several locations in your yard). Bring your sample(s) into the Scott County Extension office, 1130 Cincinnati Road, Georgetown, and fill out the paperwork. It usually takes 5 to 10 to get your report back.

Recommended tall fescue varieties are: Regenerate, Grade 3, Hemi, Bizem, Fesnova, Catalytst, Bullseye, Falcon IV, Falcon V, Terrano, Firebrd 2 - these recommendations are based on NTEP National tall fescue test schedule A ratings (from Kentucky). Also go to Youtube video for UK Lawn Renovation video.