What are these

I am curious as to what these are. Their bites make me swell up, they dont seem to mind the citronella guard candles or bug zappers. I have posted 3 pictures along with this question. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Bullitt County Kentucky insect identification bullitt county kentucky horticulture

These photos are of picture winged flies, Delphinia picta. I have not heard of them biting before and a quick search of the web also showed nothing. I'm in Lexington and we have these commonly in our yard as well. Could there be another insect that is biting you. I have seen some similar looking deer flies which are aggressive biters and will cause a swelling reaction. The best help with these is to use a repellent like a Deet product.

Thank you for your response. I will try the deet repellent. Is there any you would recommend? Honestly never had these in a yard before and had no idea what they were. I'm originally from PA .

Like I said I don't think it is the picture wing fly, but the Deet will repel other insects. I would recommend the 20 to 30% Deet. Look at the label to check the concentration. Use according to the label.

Honestly I dont know what is biting and I will take your word that it isnt the insect pictured. I will research how to get rid, thanks.