Getting rid off wasps

Our yard seems to be full of what a believe is a bee that I assume comes from the wasp family. I just got stung by one as I was watering our plants by a retaining wall. They came out of a crack in the retaining wall. Also have them in our siding by our deck, in one of our eave’s in front of the house and I sprayed a nest in a tree in our front yard. I’m attaching a picture of one of the bees. Will they die off in the winter or will I have this same if not bigger issue next year? What can I do to get rid of them now? We have young grandkids that run around in our yard and I worry about them getting stung

Hennepin County Minnesota wasps horticulture

The photograph looks like a wasp, not a bee, probably a yellow jacket. They are active this time of year seeking carbohydrates. Usually they require no control. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone. They will not nest in the same place next year. If the nest is near living quarters or in harm's way, you will need to destroy them and the nest. Some nests are difficult to manage and required a professional exterminator. Except for some easy-to-find nests, I've never considered this a DIY project. Read here:
https://extension.umn.edu/insects-infest-homes/wasps