Yesterday (August 2018) we decided to rake mulch away from our house, and...

Yesterday (August 2018) we decided to rake mulch away from our house, and discovered millions of insects in the mulch against our house, all along the side of the house. I cannot even tell whether they are larvae of "grown" insects. We need to know what insects they are, whether to be concerned for the integrity of our house, and how to deal with them. I took 5 images, one of which is the nest structure and another a video, but this site only permits upload of 1 image and does not permit uploading videos. I am attaching the nest structure which has just a few of the bugs. I can send along the other photos separately, if desired.

Franklin County Ohio

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.