Recently washed a 100% polyester cream blanket with a large stained area for...

Recently washed a 100% polyester cream blanket with a large stained area for granddaughter. Something had been spilled on it & it was not laundered immediately due to selling their home, & relocating elsewhere. After washing in four different products, I finally did get 100% of visible stain out.. I have read that mold spores are microscopic and can never be completely eliminated. And that these mold spores cause lung, skin, and neurological system issues. Should I dispose of the blanket even though all visible signs of stain are gone? I want to do the safe thing. I do not understand how someone can have mold removed from their home, basement, etc & continue to live there if mold spores cannot be killed. Appreciate your input on the blanket issue. Including a photo taken in sunlight after third washing which shows I assume the mold spores. They are all eliminated now! Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Defiance County Ohio

The University of Illinois Extension has some information on removing mold from clothing at https://extension.illinois.edu/thriftyliving/tl-removemildew.html Did you dry the blanket in the sun? Sunlight does help with kill mold. Did you bleach the blanket? This reference recommends bleach as long as it will not change the color of the blanket. They recommend:
"Use:a mixture of 2 Tablespoons of chlorine bleach in one quart of water. (Increase the proportions if you as you increase the water.) Use hot water if it is safe for the fabric. Never use chlorine bleach on silk or wool, or a fabric that says "no chlorine bleach" on the label."

I found another resource as I know some people have problems with the bleach smell. Check out https://www.toxicmoldfoundation.com/removing-mold-on-clothes.html This resource has recommendations for using bleach or borax. It also says to dry in the sunlight. It also includes vinegar, but states vinegar will not kill all of the mold.

If you are not able to check the last website let me know, and I will copy and paste it in a response for you. If you have already used bleach and hot water with sunshine you should be fine. If you want to go the extra step you might also use borax. Borax is available in most grocery stores in the laundry detergent/bleach area.

Hope this helps.