Rhododendron wilty, droopy leaves

This a two year old shrub. It wintered over well this past season and had about 5 clumps of flowers. It was doing well all this year with new limbs and growth. Within in the past week or so I noticed that the leaves were drooping a bit, but wasn’t too concerned. All of a sudden I noticed the leaves “really” drooping. I though it was just lack of water, so I thoroughly watered in the beast yesterday. 18 hours later, no change (see photo). I read a couple of articles and decided to treat with DACONYL. I sprayed the plant earlier this morning. I would be very appreciative to see what you folks think. I thank you in advance for your time and efforts!

Calvert County Maryland disease issues shrubs rhododendron wilted rhododendron phytophthora phtophthora root rot rhododendron entirely wilted

When rhododenrons sit in saturated soil for a day or so, it makes them susceptible to a fungal root rot known as phytophthora which causes the entire plant to wilt at once.

Read through the section of this fact sheet about phtophthora and the conditions that cause it and what to do about it (scroll down to page 5) : http://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_docs/programs/hgic/HGIC_Pubs/TreesandShrubs/...