Sand Dune Flowers

I have a condo in Ocean City that has two small secondary dunes that I'd like to fill out with additional plantings. We do not want any plants that have thorns and I have noticed some nearby flowers growing in the sand that were yellow and orange. What types of perennial flowers are suitable for the sand and where can they be obtained? Thanks!

Worcester County Maryland natives sand dune flowers sand dune plants coastal dune plantings

Here is our page on native plants. The first "Additional Resource" is the excellent "Native Plants for Wildlife Habitat and Conservation Landscaping", with photos and cultural requirements for each plant. At the back is a list of plants suitable for coastal dunes. Only the Opuntia humifusa (cactus) would have thorns.

For sources of these plants, the Maryland Native Plant Society provides links. (Their website is also in Additional Resources.