Weed / Invasive grass? And how to deal with it.

I have this growing all over my back yard very near a stream fed creek. I would like to know if it is the invasive Japanese Stilt grass. If so how can I eliminate it. It covers about .25 acres right near the creek and at the woodland edge. I want to take care if this before it goes to seed. Thank you in advance for your response.

Frederick County Maryland weeds plant identification invasive japanese stiltgrass

Yes, unfortunately, this is Japanse stiltgrass. We have been receiving a lot of questions about this invasive grass, which is having a banner year in the moist soil. A control strategy is to mow tall plants as they “flower” (starting about mid-August) and cut off the flowering culm (stalk of seeds) before the seed matures. Seeds of Japanese stiltgrass can remain viable for at least 5 years, so controlling seed dispersal is key. For large areas like you have, weed-whack the plants to ground level (bare earth), shortly before the plants produce mature seed but too late for it to regrow before the first frost. Because stiltgrass is an annual and has shallow roots, hand pulling is effective, too.

https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/problems/japanese-stiltgrass

ckc