What is the term used to describe baby trees growing in a circle around the...

What is the term used to describe baby trees growing in a circle around the mother tree? I once read that this symbolized something special to Native Americans, but I can find no reference to this online.

Sandusky County Ohio

Questions to this web site generally are about plant disease, insects or plant identification so your question is a pleasant diversion. Unfortunately I do not have an instant answer. I lived for many years in Ashtabula County and that was the home for the Lenape Indian tribe. They have a web site so I sent your question to them. If I get an answer, I will relay it to you. You might try the Native American Indian Council of Central Ohio web site for an answer. Good luck.

Sorry this took so long but Dan Hanson sent me this information: He asked an Iroquois (Seneca) elder and was told that this tree arrangement was referred to as a medicine wheel or arbor and was used in meetings and ceremonies. It was considered sacred space where only truth was expected.