Firewood from Neighbor's infected Ash

My husband and next door neighbor have been bringing wood from another nearby neighbor's trees that were cut down. I think the State came in to cut down the trees. Should the state be taking away the infected wood? Should they be bring the wood to our yards or leave it where it is. They are bringing it from about 4 blocks away.

Baltimore County Maryland emerald ash borer invasive trees wood from ash infected with emerald ash borer firewood from ashs

Emerald ash borer is now all over Maryland (and much of the U.S.) It will not harm anything to use the wood as all ash trees will become infected this foreign invasive insect and die eventually anyway.

The wood becomes very brittle quickly when an ash tree dies, however, so it's good to keep that in mind when working around dead ash trees. But as this wood is already cut, it should not be a problem.