Can I plant Black Eyed Susan plants now or is it too late?

Hi. I love Black Eyed Susans and planted some of the Goldsturms last year. They are doing great. I would like to plant another border of them - these would be live plants from a nursery, not sowing from seed. What is the latest date I can safely plant Goldsturm Black Eyed Susans in Maryland?

Carroll County Maryland plant care flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials perennials black eyed susans

Technically, you can plant them until the ground freezes, but they will have more time to get established the sooner you plant, of course. Especially good to plant before the soil gets cold in the later fall.

Spring is the optimal time. Summer is fine, but be sure to keep them well watered so the roots are never dry. Plants like soil about as moist as a wrung out sponge--but not soggy saturated all the time.