Pressure Canner

Asked August 7, 2018, 11:44 AM EDT

Where can I have my canner tested, I am not sure that it is working properly

Marion County Oregon food safety home food preservation

1 Response

The Marion County Extension Office (1320 Capitol St NE Suite 110, Salem) does gauge testing at the office by appointment (please call ahead – 503-588-5301). You can buy canner parts at Bi-Mart, Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer, Wilco, or Ace Hardware. Canner gauges are available at United Repair, 1081 Broadway, Salem, (503) 585-4480.

For any other questions related to food safety and preservation, you can call our OSU Extension toll-free food safety/preservation hotline at 800-354-7319. The hotline runs until Oct. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. The volunteers have a statewide list of where we have gauge testing available. When the hotline is closed, callers can leave a message. The hotline is staffed by certified Master Food Preserver volunteers in Lane and Douglas counties, but it’s available statewide.

Happy canning!