Lingonberries

When do Lingonberries (Vaccinium vitis-idaea) ripen in Northern MN (Lake of the Woods County)?

Lake of the Woods County Minnesota

Hi there--
I'm not able to find anything specific to when lingonberries will ripen in northern Minnesota. Are you more curious about how to know when a lingonberry is ripe or whether they'll ripen fast enough for you to grow in northern MN? If you could provide some additional info, I can try to look again!

Sorry I don't have more for you at this time!

I am more interested in when the native lingonberries ripen in the wild. Mainly I want to know this so that I can pick wild lingonberries and when I should go search for them. This year everything seems earlier with the drier hotter weather we have experienced in northern MN.

It doesn't seem that the U of M has a lot of info on lingonberries but I found this:
from Cornell. It's not quite what you want--it talks about cultivated lingonberries which have an August crop and a October/November crop.

I think, because they're a pretty "niche" native berry, there isn't much research based info out there.

I did find this article from Maine, which is obviously not research based but probably more helpful:

She talks about finding native lingonberries at a farmers market in August.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!