Bee's Nest

Does the Extension provide assistance in ridding a bee's nest from my azalea bush? The nest is probably 6-8 inches across and grey in color and in full sun. The inhabitants are small bodied and mostly black.

Anne Arundel County Maryland pest control bald faced hornet nest

We do not provide this assistance. You may be referring to a bald faced hornet nest. Take a look at our website for photos to see if this is what you are referring to.
Bald-faced hornets are beneficial because they feed on many pest insects. They are not pollinators and are a type of yellow jacket. If not a threat to you, leave them be. The workers will die back with the first several hard freezes and the queen will overwinter elsewhere.
http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/bald-faced-hornets

If this is not what you are noticing, please send us photos so we can see what you may be dealing with.

Thanks for your input. Two questions - 1) After the second/third hard freeze, can I cut the nest from my azalae bush without fear of being stung? 2) What should I do with the nest after cutting it off the bush?

Yes, after the second/third hard freeze you can remove the nest. Gently poke with a broom to make sure all are dead. Discard in the trash.