Tansy and sheep

I read an article that was published on your extension. I just want to confirm that tansy is not toxic to sheep. The article stated that this was the case. I want to be sure before putting my sheep in a pasture containing tansy. The sheep actually got out of the electric fence this week and are a good portion of the tansy in the other part of the field. thank you Paul Stauffer

Lane County Oregon pastures and forages weeds sheep

Greetings Paul,

Thank you for reaching out to Extension. I can confirm that Tansy is not toxic to sheep (but it is for other livestock). Some landowners can use sheep, which are not susceptible to tansy ragwort poisoning, to precondition a pasture before allowing cattle in.

Thank you Teagan that really helps. I am a surgeon and my patients get all sorts of stuff on the internet from I don't know where. The tansey question is something that I could not reliably research on the normal web. Thank you for your help.
Paul