How to kill bamboo and/or slow it from spreading?

We have a wooden fence, but our neighbor's bamboo has crept under it and into our yard. I have cut the stalks down and dug up many large rhizomes. Several of the rhizomes were several feet long and almost 1" in diameter, and some of the individual stalks were taller than my house! The bamboo pieces I cut down are now sitting in my paved driveway getting baked to death by the sun so I can throw them out with our trash. I know that bamboo never really goes away, but how can I prevent it from getting back into my yard from my idiot neighbor's yard? How can I be sure that I have completely killed the bamboo plants that I cut down in my yard? I am about to go "scorched Earth" and dump a jug of 100% glyphosate in my yard on these bamboo plants. Thank you for your help!

Montgomery County Maryland weeds bamboo bamboo control invasive

We hear you and understand your concern.
You can, fortunately, gain control without "dumping a jug of glyphosate" though! :)

You are on the right track though. The use of non-selective herbicides containing glyphosate are useful, though you may need to repeat. Certain timing is also helpful.
You can read more about that here: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/bamboo

Unfortunately, unless you or your neighbor install a barrier, you will likely need to do this repeatedly, but you will have control of it invading your yard.