Tree is dyeing.. Why and what can i do?

Hello, I planted this tree about 1.5 years ago now and it has been getting plenty of water and care. I have one next to it that had a little bit of the browning but now it is fine and doing well. What could have caused this? Is it possible to save?

Campbell County Kentucky

Good morning,

When did you first notice the dying back? I really can't tell from the photos, but is there a purple hue to the dieback or more of a bleaching? Spruce have a few susceptible diseases and pests. I will attach a few UK publication for further reading. It's important to get proper identification before any management application. If you live in Campbell County, I am happy to do a site visit to help diagnose.

sorry i failed to include the UK publications in the first email:
https://entomology.ca.uky.edu/ef438
https://plantpathology.ca.uky.edu/files/ppfs-or-w-24.pdf

I first think of spruce spider mite or needle cast.

Thank you. I do live in Campbell county. Could we do a site visit?

yes, i am happy to arrange a day. monday aug 6 between 1-4 or wednesday the 8th in anytime from 830-2. let me know which day and time works best. thanks!

Great we could do Wednesday. Can you email me at neltnerrick@gmail.com and we can confirm the details?

Sarah since this is a tree that we likley arent going to try and revive since it will look rough for a while (if we even could save) so i may take more site photos and just bring the tree into the office. is that ok? Is there a better date/time?

Hello. Thank you for your question. Please contact the Extension Office to confirm the meeting. I have included the contact information below.

Sarah M Stolz

Extension Agent
Horticulture
phone: (859) 572-2600
fax: (859) 572-2619

Good morning,

feel free to drop off any of the samples. Ideally, i would want to see a few samples of the discolored areas and perhaps a few without showing symptoms. You're welcome to drop off samples M-F from 8-430. Im in and out a lot, but one of our secretaries will gladly get your sample and when I return i will take a look at your samples and give you a call. Thanks!