Pink Dogwood appears distressed

I have two pink Dogwoods. One is much larger (maybe 25 feet tall), the other about 15 feet. The smaller one blooms out in the spring and is in fact the prettier of the two but once the blooming is done the leaves develop brown edges or tips and basically remain that way until the fall. It does not drop leaves or show any other signs of distress. The larger three does not show this and a wild dog wood that borders my property shows no such distress. I have been very careful to trim out dead wood from both trees and I'm not concerned that they are in any immediate danger of dying but wonder what's going on and if I can do anything to help them thrive?

Howard County Maryland dogwood tree brown edges on leaves

Please send us photos of the dogwood tree, around the base, and affected foliage so we can see what you may be dealing with. Dogwoods can be susceptible to powdery mildew and spot anthracnose, fungal diseases.
Also, you may be dealing with drought, poor planting techniques, poor drainage, etc. Here is our dogwood publication for more information http://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_docs/programs/hgic/HGIC_Pubs/TreesandShrubs/...