Young Oak Tree not leafing out

We recently moved into a new development 2.5 yrs ago and the developer planted oak trees on the lot. All four of our young oak trees are having leafing issues. Attached i have included the two worst ones. One tree is in the front of the house and the other is in the back of the house. I'm wondering if the buds died from the late spring snow storm or if my trees are diseased and if so is there anything i can do to save them?

Dakota County Minnesota trees oak tree

First I would assess whether the branches that didn't leaf out are alive. You can scratch a bit of the bark away and if it's green, it's still alive. If it's brown (and probably brittle), it's dead. If it is dead, that would explain why it didn't leaf out. You can just trim those branches out any time if they're dead.

If the tree is alive, check out the buds on the tree. If you cut into the bud and it is brown and dead, it is an indication that it has been dead quite a long time. If the bud is brown on the inside but still green on the outside, the damage is probably due to cold damage.