Pressure canner gage

Asked July 27, 2018, 9:37 PM EDT

I live in Irrigon, where can I have my dial type gage tested. Thanks

Morrow County Oregon food safety home food preservation

2 Responses

The Morrow County Extension office does not have gauge testing, but our Umatilla County Extension Office (2411 NW Carden Avenue, Umatilla Hall, Pendleton) tests canner gauges Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Call their office directly at 541-278-5403 for additional information.

Canner parts are available at Bi-Mart in Hermiston and/or Pendleton, and some parts are available at Zimmerman’s hardware in Pendleton. Clear Jel is available at Andy’s Market in College Place, WA.

If you have additional questions related to food safety and preservation, you can also call our OSU Extension toll-free food safety/preservation hotline at 800-354-7319. The hotline runs until Oct. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. The volunteers have a statewide list of where we have gauge testing available. When the hotline is closed, callers can leave a message. The hotline is staffed by certified Master Food Preserver volunteers in Lane and Douglas counties, but it’s available statewide.

Thanks for contacting Ask an Expert. Happy Canning!

Thanks for the good info, and have a great day.

Best to you'