Grass like species identification

Tried to identify from the "common MD weeds" section, but none of the pictures correlate. This stuff is wiping out my tall fescue lawn and I haven't found any identification or solution (chemical or otherwise). It's clearly grass like, but what is it and how best should I control it.

Montgomery County Maryland identification invasive japanese stiltgrass weed

This looks like Japanese stiltgrass, an invasive weed. Here is more about it on our website including Management. Next spring apply a preemergent to control stiltgrass. Apply prior to seed germination which begins, in early spring a couple of weeks before crabgrass seeds germinate. Apply a preemergent without nitrogen fertilizer. Look for the active ingredient: Prodiamine (Barricade) or other preemergents labeled for crabgrass control. Keep the area mowed to help prevent the stiltgrass from forming seeds. Stiltgrass likes shade and will move into bare spots. The best defense is a thick stand of turf.
http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/problems/japanese-stiltgrass