Blue Water Beach - Lexington Michigan - Erosion Project

Dear Expert - I am a board member representing the Blue Water Beach Association located in Lexington, Michigan. Our beach is located on Lake Huron and the community was established in the nineteen fifties. Over the past 12 months we have had some erosion to our beach area and we are seeking out viable options to consider that protects our beach and allows us to act within our fiduciary role. We have engaged engineers that are willing to provide an analysis, along with individual research with options as a seawall, groins, or natural roll out materials that have built in plants with a composite netting. I am very interested in hearing back from an MSU Expert or even able to schedule a conference call to include my colleagues. We are scheduled to have our next board meeting this Saturday and would be very appreciative if I could hear back prior to our meeting with any comments. My contact information is Christopher.casinelli@daimler.com, mobile: 586-219-2073, the address of our property is 7473 Woodbine, Worth township, MI 48450. I am one of 250 members in the community. Best regards,

Sanilac County Michigan shoreline erosion control

Christopher,

Thank you for using eXtension with your lakeshore restoration project question. I am located on the other side of the state from your shoreline erosion control project. Here is a website of certified shoreline landscaping professionals that can assist you with your needs. I encourage you to select one that operates near your location. http://www.mishorelinepartnership.org/find-a-shoreline-contractor.html .
Please note that while I am on this list because I took the certification course and am certified, I am not a landscaping contractor.