Hummingbirds

I am concerned that the reason I have no hummingbirds is because gypsy moth spray was used in my area....true?

Kent County Michigan hummingbirds

There are many things that can cause hummingbirds to NOT be at any one location. If no one in the area has any hummingbirds (and I mean within a several square mile area) then that may indicate a problem. Hummingbirds are more inclined to be feeding in urban/suburban/rural homesteads than in the large forest areas where I suspect that they are spraying. I know that it isn't uncommon for any one residence that has had hummingbirds for several summers to suddenly not have any one summer. Hummingbirds are quite site faithful and may keep coming back to the same location, but if one doesn't survive the winter, an area can suddenly have a void until a new hummingbird(s) fill the void in the ecosystem. I live in Kansas where we don't have gypsy moth and I frequently am asked why all of a sudden one summer there are no hummers. I can't say that it is or isn't due to the spraying but until you talk to others in your area and find out if they have had normal populations it will be hard to say.