What kind of bird is this?

Saw this little guy sitting on the sidewalk. After some quick googling I decided the best thing was to leave him alone because the nest was just above him and I believe one of the parents was in it.

Erie County New York birds wildlife

It's hard to tell at this age what it is because the first real feathers are just coming in and it's tough to get a good feel for coloration. If the nest was within reach putting it back into the nest when they are this size is a good idea. (The old tale of getting your scent on the bird and the parents won't accept it back is not right - most bird species don't have that good of a sense of smell). By now it's either found someplace to move to or it has expired so probably nothing we can do about it. If the bird has a few more flight feathers and is showing some good development a lot of times just move it to the nearest tree or shrub for protection.