All my hops are ill and dying.

I have three different fence hops, different plants, not in the same place along the fence, cascade, centennial, chinook. Plants are established for 3 seasons and good yield and healthy plants all three years. This year had huge aphid infestation and not enough ladybugs. They cleared out a month ago but plants are now all yellowing and dying. Included two photos. Do not see any insects on the plants now. Is this a result of previous aphids or something else? Can you help me with a diagnosis? Will be cutting all back to the bases as do not expect any hops and all the current hops are diseased. The soil base vines of the plants look good. Thank you.

Deschutes County Oregon hops horticulture

Thank you for your question. It would appear that your plants have an iron deficiency, which causes chlorosis (yellowing) between the veins of the leaves (interveinal chlorosis). Here is an Extension article describing the condition. Changing the soil to prevent this is possible, but first you should get a soil test to measure pH and nutrient content. Here is a link to testing procedures and testing facilities. I am only aquainted with A & L Agricultural Laboratories, which gives you recommendations for soil additives to cure the problem. If you get this problem resolved before next year's crop, you should have healthy plants and hops. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!