converting existing recipe

I have a blueberry bbq sauce recipe that we love and thought I would try canning it. Can you guide me as to whether that's possible, and how I should change this so that it can be safely canned/processed in a water bath. I'd be using 1/2 pint jars. Here's the current recipe: 2 c blueberries 1/3 c honey ¼ c ketchup 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced (or 2 shakes hot sauce) ¼ c chopped green onion 1 T grated fresh ginger 1 t lime juice ¼ t dry mustard Combine ingredients in saucepan, bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 45 minutes.

Yamhill County Oregon food safety home food preservation

Unfortunately, we are not able to analyze the ingredients in a recipe and determine if they are acidic enough and what the thickness is to determine the correct method of processing and length of time for that.

If th is was a published recipe, you could check with the author to see if they have had any testing done to see if it is safe to can.

Or, you could check with a certified food testing lab. They usually charge a fee for services. The OSU Food Innovation Center in Portland includes a food testing lab for commercial products, so they have the facilities and can offer that for home food preservation as well. I’m not sure what their fees are. You can check with them for schedules services and fees. https://fic.oregonstate.edu/ .