What to do with a bear...

A juvenile male bear has been messing about my cabin. He is not afraid of us, not running when we make noise, but not being aggressive either. He was about 20 feet away from me as I was picking berries. Should I use bear spray to discourage him, or would that make things worse ? He is a juvenile and will only get bigger. Please advise ! Thank you !

Washington County Maryland wildlife bear in yard

It is the time of year when young bears are unceremoniously kicked out of their mother's care to fend for themselves. It sounds like he likes your berries too.

We suggest calling the Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Hotline to see what they suggest: To report nuisance, injured or sick wildlife, call toll-free in Maryland 1-877-463-6497. US Department Agriculture (USDA), Wildlife Services Operators are available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except State holidays.

Here is their page:
http://dnr.maryland.gov/Wildlife/Pages/plants_wildlife/wildlifeproblems.aspx