Destroying angel mushrooms

I believe I have found destroying angel mushrooms in my lawn and in the rock strip around my yard (near base of older aspens) I did not manage to take pictures today, however, I have pulled out all I found and placed in trash. I have an 8 month old puppy and keep watchful eye on her in the yard. Need to know if there is any type of treatment to spread in these areas

Arapahoe County Colorado

Hello!

Mushrooms are the above-ground fruiting bodies of fungi that live in the soil. These fungi decompose decaying organic matter, such as old dead tree roots, stumps and thatch. When these fungi are present in your lawn, toadstools, mushrooms or puffballs of various shapes and sizes will seem to sprout up overnight after wet weather. However, they don't damage the lawn.

The primary reason to remove mushrooms in the lawn is safety, as some may be poisonous to kids or pets that eat them.

The only things you can do are: (1) water the lawn less frequently but for longer duration, and (2) knock down mushrooms with a bow rake, rake to collect them and dispose.

Here is more information: http://planttalk.colostate.edu/topics/lawns/1546-mushrooms-fairy-ring-home-lawn/

Thanks,