I recently acquired a property that has some old tree stumps in a pasture....

I recently acquired a property that has some old tree stumps in a pasture. Saplings are coming out of the ground, probably from the roots. The stumps appear to be dead. I have used R T U on trees in the past when freshly cut. Is there anything on the market that I can use to stop the troublesome growth. Thanks for any help you can provide, Mike Wilson

Knox County Ohio

Mike,

Tordon RTU will not work unless you are injecting it or spraying it onto a relatively fresh cut surface. I'm very hesitant to give recommendations with out more information.

When you refer to old stumps do you know how long it has been since the trees were cut? Do the stumps still have bark? Are the sprouts within a foot or so from the original stump or are they further away? Finally, what species of tree are the saplings and how tall are they?

If you have a way to take pictures and send them via email or text, that would be very helpful. My email and phone contact are below in the signature block. Feel free to email or call if you would like to discuss in detail.

Thanks!