Best Lawn Seed For Sussex Cou

New lawn. The contractor used a seed by the name of Wintering Green. This seed was not included in a list as a good seed for this area. Anyway it looks really bad. The contractor told me it does not take heat very well. He came by and sprayed it for a fungus that developes during hot weather. I cannot find any information on this seed. Thanks for any information.

Sussex County Delaware seeds grass seed lawn lawns

Hi. Thank you for your question. We recommend turf-type tall fescue for a cool season grass here in Sussex. You can seed with zoysia or bermudagrass as warm season grasses, but I am not 100% sure which type you have. There is a variety online that is a bermudagrass variety, but I have not personally seen it. Can I call you for more information such as when it was seeded, was a soil test done, etc. Please feel free to contact me via email wootten@udel.edu with a phone number so we can discuss.

A good general fact sheet for seeding grasses in the Mid-Atlantic area is https://extension.umd.edu//sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG102%20...
Regards,
Tracy