Never seen this grass before—it was mixed in with my store bought grass seed !

Can you tell me what kind of grass this is? I’m pretty sure it was mixed in w/ the Pennington grass seed I sowed spring on my front hill. It grows twice as fast & tall as the rest of the grass. I’ve never seen grass like it. I looked online and could not identify it . If left on cut, it grows at least a foot high. And the blades can be up to about 1/2 inch wide. It’s a yellowish green color, so it sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of the grass. What is it and how do I get rid of it?! I wish I could send more than three pictures!

Baltimore County Maryland lawns and turf grassy weeds plant care one grass growing much higher than other unsightly single grass blades weed grass in newly seeded lawn fast growing grass weed

It's very likely this grassy weed did come in the seed mix, however it is probably an annual and easily controlled. It could be foxtail or a grain like oats. Be sure to keep it mowed so you do not let it go to seed. The plants will all die at the end of the season and that will be the end of it, unless you allow it to produce seeds and reseed itself. Keep it mowed.