Magnolia leaves turning brown and falling off

My Magnolia is suddenly in really bad shape. Leaves are turning brown, some have leaf spots, and they are falling off. The branches are becoming bare. It was always in good health, this never happened before. I am in Laurel, MD. Please advise-would like to save it at all costs. See attached pictures. Let me know if you need more information or details. THANKS!!! Wanted to add more pictures but can add only three. PLEASE HELP!

Prince George's County Maryland shrubs abiotic issues

It looks like your magnolia is showing symptoms from environmental stress, probably as a result of the current drought. Our plant pathologist looked at your photos and we do not see any signs or symptoms of a disease or pest.

The best thing to do at this point would be to water the plant regularly when we do not have rain. A light layer of mulch (2") placed around the base of the plant can help to retain moisture. Do not place the mulch right up against the branches. Water deeply at least once each week, or consider setting up a trickle irrigation system.

We've had tough weather conditions lately and a lot of plants are showing stress symptoms like this.

https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/drought-conditions-trees-and-shrubs

ckc