How do I kill this wild grass? in my lawn?

I have several patches of the grass or plant shown in the photos in my lawn. These patches seem to be growing rapidly. Weed killer (Weed-B-gone) has no apparent effect. My neighbor thought this might be Nutsenge?, but a killer that is supposed to kill Nutsenge also seemed to have no effect. Can you identify this plant and let me know if there is any way to kill it without killing the rest of the lawn? Thanks. John Rawcliffe

Livingston County Michigan crabgrass weed identification nutsedge

This could be nutsedge, which is not a broadleaf weed (so weed killer won’t work) and it is not a grass. It is a type of sedge. It has a triangular, three-ranked leaf arrangement and it feels stiffer then regular grass blades.

It is difficult to control and needs repeated applications of herbicide, or hand digging deep enough to get the roots and the ‘nutlets’ (little bulbs) attached to the roots.

Here is a link describing the sedge and control methods. Please read the label and follow all precautions when using chemicals. Thank you.

https://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/ay/ay-19-w.pdf