Where are the bees (Hermantown)

Hello. I have both flower and vegetable gardens in Hermantown, MN. I haven't seen many bees this season and I'm growing concerned. I've had lots of bees enjoying my flowers and veggies in past seasons and this is truly unique. Is there a specific issue in my area?

St. Louis County Minnesota bees horticulture

I am not aware of any issues with bees in your area. Bee populations can fluctuate from season to season and from location to location. Some questions you might ask: Were the bees you're used to seeing natives (solitary, smaller) or imported honeybees? Are your neighbors seeing the same thing? Has anyone been spraying insecticide nearby (apple growers, for example)? Has there been increased use of systemic insecticides on flowering plants (for example, to control Japanese beetles)?

I encourage you to contact the Bee Lab at the University of Minnesota with your observations and concerns:
https://www.beelab.umn.edu/contact