Trees and bush in front yard are dying...

Hi there, I have two dogwood trees in my front yard that have always thrived. our front yard faces south and gets a lot of sun. One of the trees has a large holy bush next to it. The holy bush has completely died, and the dogwood's leaves are starting to die. My other dogwood has several branches that never produced leaves this spring and the ones that do have leaves look sad. What could be going on?

Howard County Maryland branch dieback dogwood tree

Once a tree has died it is difficult to diagnose why. It is important to send us photos as soon as you notice symptoms.
Please send us photos of the two dogwood trees, around the base, and affected foliage so we can see what you may be dealing with. Branch dieback can be attributed to cankers, anthracnose, insect issues, etc. Dogwood can also be susceptible to powdery mildew, a fungal disease.
Also, you may be dealing with drought, poor planting techniques, poor drainage, etc. Here is our dogwood publication for more information http://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_docs/programs/hgic/HGIC_Pubs/TreesandShrubs/...