Household mold

How can I know if mold in bathroom is dangerous or if it is just something that needs to be cleaned up and dried out?

Pinellas County Florida mold

All mold needs to be cleaned up, or it will continue to spread. It is difficult to tell if one mold is more harmful than another, and the answer is the same in both cases- it needs to be removed. Mold in bathrooms is pretty common, given that bathrooms have a lot of water in them (showers, baths, toilets, sinks). I would recommend cleaning the mold first. I use a solution of half water, half vinegar. You can spray this on the mold, or pour onto a rag to use to clean the mold. Remove all the mold, and then let the area dry completely. To prevent mold from reoccurring, try to reduce the humidity in your bathroom. You can do this by running a bathroom fan for at least 30 minutes during and after showers, or opening bathroom windows.

Best,
Diana