Can i trim the bottom of my pine tree?

I just bought a house that has a large pine tree in the front yard. I can't see out the bedroom windows. I want to trim the tree from the bottom up at least 6 or 7 feet. Will this make my Tree Top heavy? The tree is about one and a half times taller than this one story house. It appears to be very healthy and straight. If I can how high can I go? 8 feet?

Natrona County Wyoming spruce pruning evergreens lower branches

Your tree looks to be a spruce tree rather than a pine tree.

We do not recommend removing branches from evergreen trees. The needles are what does the photosynthesis and feeds the tree. If you remove 6 to 8 feet of the foliage/branches it looks to be at least 1/4 of the foliage and that could be detrimental to the tree's livelihood. It also will allow the winds to reach under the tree where as now the wind goes around the branches for the most part. In the long term this could lead to the tree falling over, potentially on your house.

However, it is your tree and you get to make the call on whether it is important to your landscape for the long term or not. If the tree does not meet your needs as a homeowner you could also consider removing it.