Soil Testing

I'm just curious where I can get some basic soil testing done. pH, nutrients, etc. I'm trying to prep the soil to grow a new lawn from grass seed.

Thanks!
-Tim

Adams County Colorado

We have soil testing kits at the Adams
County Extension Office at 9755 Henderson Road, Brighton, Co. The kit contains a bottle to collect soil, instructions on how to gather a good soil sample and a questionaire sheet to fill in with details of your site. The testing is performed at Colorado State University, Fort Collins. Routine soil test runs $35.00. There are also other specialized tests available on the request form.

To collect a good sample, identify the area you are going to plant. Take 5 to 15 samples from the area, depending on how large the area is. When collecting a sample dig to 6" deep, mix the samples together removing debris from the soil. Take about 2 cups from this combined mixture and let it air dry. Place dry sample in the soil container, label the container with your name, address and the soil's origin,( like lawn, or vegetable garden). Mail to the testing lab.
The office is open here from 8 am to 4:30pm during the week. I hope this answers your question. If you need any more information, please feel free to contact us again.

Joan