Round up Extended Control

Hi, We have a new home in Rogers, MN. We currently have no yard. The soil is clay. With the rains the weeds took over the yard. Last weekend my husband picked them all and raked the yard. He then went out and sprayed roundup on the remaining small weeds. The problem is that he used Roundup Extended Control Weed Killer. The label says you should not plant new plants, trees or grass for 4 months. Is there anything we can to mitigate this problem so we can still plant this year? We were planning on bringing in topsoil. Will that help? Thank you so much for your time!

Hennepin County Minnesota

The label is law. I honestly don't know if bringing in more soil will help. I know I use it under a privacy fence and nothing grows there all season. I can only suggest that you look at the label for the customer service number and call them and ask. Sorry.