Unknown bug

Last night my adult daughter saw a strange bug on her dresser. She tried to kill it, but it's shell was too hard & it got away. This is the description she gave me: light gray-green, black diamond on it, oblong, skinny, super hard shell body in two sections, not sure about the head, small legs, overall length about of about an inch long. I've never seen anything like this. Can you please help identify it?

Fairfield County Ohio

Thank you for your question. You have me really curious! Unfortunately, unless the "mystery bug" makes a reappearance for a photo shot, I cannot help you :-(
You gave a pretty good verbal description, but unfortunately I was unable to match the description with a likely candidate. I do hope you will have your daughter try to snap some photos if it shows up again, then resubmit it with the written description and we will gladly see what we can do to help identify it.
Thanks again for using the Ask a Master Gardener online service and hope you'll give us another try!