Invisible bugs that bite around head, scalp (itch mites?)

In my NE Minneapolis yard late afternoon I feel itchy bites in my ears, hair. Can 't see actual bites -- just feel them. Continues for a while back inside until I shower. Invisible biters. Heard another older woman talk about similar experience sitting on her outdoor patio in Minnetonka.,,,, When I tried to research what it could be, the only thing I found that looked familiar was an article about an epidemic of "itch mites" in Kansas and Nebraska. Is that something we have here, or is there a different explanation? And is there any way to fend them off, whatever they are? Do perfumed hair products attract them?..... Another article I found talked about biting mites falling on heads carried by wind from Oak Trees......

Hennepin County Minnesota insects insect bites horticulture

Thank you for your question.

Due to potential health issues, our recommendation is to consult a medical professional. Sorry that this is the response that I can offer since we are only qualified to answer horticulture-related questions.