Can blueberries and blueberry plants secrete oil?

Greetings, I was picking at a blueberry farm today and the plants had beads of oil or sticky sap-like substance spread across the leaves, stalks, and berries. It was not on every bush and did not appear consistently across them, however it was on the majority of bushes. We told the counter worker and she said the plants secrete oils and are organically grown, unsprayed. This is the first time I've seen this on any berry bushes and it sure looked like it could be a spray. Do some blueberry types naturally secrete tiny beads of oil-like substance or is this a spray?

Douglas County Oregon blueberries

I have never experienced oiliness from a blueberry leaf. If early in the morning plants can secret water from the leaves that could feel a little sticky. The only two things that farmers would spray for are aphids which can cause honeydew which is like a sticky oil over the leaves. The other thing is that horticultural oil is an effective insecticide that is allowed in the organic system and is used to combat soft body insects like aphids. Safers soap can also leave a little residue from spraying for insect control. This is also an organically registered product that has very low toxicity.