Vegetable plant pests

Something is eating the leaves of my zucchini & cucumber plants. How do I prevent this? Looks sort of like snail damage, but don’t see any slime trails.

Deschutes County Oregon insect issues horticulture vegetable gardening

Thank you for your question about what is eating your zucchini and cucumber plants. I cannot determine what insect may be eating your plants from your photo. To identify the problem with your plants, I encourage you to call the OSU Deschutes County Master Gardener Plant Clinic. You can talk with the Master Gardener on duty at 541-548-6088. The Master Gardener team has resources to conduct research and provide information for management and treatment options. You can also submit questions with photos to the Master Gardener Plant Clinic email: deschutesmg@oregonstate.edu.

We always welcome your home garden questions at the Master Gardener Plant Clinic.