oak Tree losing leaves

Hello, my front lawn old oak tree is losing clumps of dead leaves, the tree was trimmed last November. My yard looks like fall. Thank you

Anoka County Minnesota leaf drop oak tree

Trees will drop their leaves in the spring for a number of reasons. Most of these reasons are pretty normal and, while alarming, are not serious issues.

In a nice warm, wet spring trees will over produce leaves and when it runs out of resources (water, nutrients) the tree will drop the extra leaves. The current weather may be stressing the tree and causing it to drop leaves. The pruning last November could possibly be stressing the tree. With a little TLC, your tree will recover from these issues.

To help your tree through stressful weather make sure you mulch well around the tree, this will provide extra nutrients and during dry spells water once a week (a low hose at the base of the tree for about an hour is usually sufficient).

A few things to check for: Are you seeing any signs of damage on the leaves? Galls (lumps on the leaves), discolorations, curling leaves?

One last thing, most tree services will come out and give you a free consultation. This might be good for peace of mind.

Thank you for your quick response, all of my neighbors have pals, mine is only one losing leaves.
could you give me a referral to a tree service around Andover?

Sorry, oak trees, not pals.

I would hazard a guess that it's stress from the pruning last fall then if the neighboring oaks are behaving normally.

We can't recommend specific businesses to you. I would recommend checking out the International Society of Arborculture, http://www.treesaregood.org/, and click the menu item "find an arborist". This will load a tool for finding a certified arborist in your area. Asking neighbors who they've used and if they've been happy is a good route to go to. I apologize for not being able to help you with this particular question.